Website Security & Information Storage
POPI (PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION)
What is the POPI Act?
We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
What information will we collect?
- Names and surname
- Email Address
- Contact Numbers
- Home/Business Address
- Birth Date
- Car Registration Number of vehicle you may be parking in the Hotel Building
- ID or Passport Number
- Flight details so can determine ETA for transfers
- Preferences/food allergies
- If a company – Company registration number, Vat number
- Bank account details if need to make payments or refunds
- Credit card details may be asked for on arrival should the guest want to charge incidentals to their room
- Any information not mentioned above that is deemed necessary to enable us to carry out our services effectively
and if necessary in meeting requirements to make disclosure under any law applicable to South Africa.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
You agree to provide accurate personal information. The following consequences will apply if the data subject fails to provide accurate Personal Information: Entry may be prohibited and we may refuse to process your request for services.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email so that we may:
- respond to any query or comment received from you;
- inform you of new services;
- enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services;
- for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; and
- generally to improve your experience on our website.
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/competent person before we process such personal information.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
- in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
- in order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company; and
- with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IF BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
You have the right at any time to:
- rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- lodge a complaint with the company.
All enquiries must be addressed to the information officer: Jade Knight who can be contacted via email at email@example.com or via telephone on (021) 812 8888.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
27 Stiemens Street
Complaints email: POPIAcompliants.IR@justice.gov.za