The City of Cape Town is experiencing an extreme water crisis, with “Day Zero” predicted to be as near as May 2018. Help us save water by considering the tips below to reduce your water usage as wisely as possible:
- Drink bottled water.
- Only request for towels to be washed when necessary.
- Limit your shower time to two minutes or less, if possible.
- Try not to over-flush the toilet.
Here’s what Pepperclub Hotel & Spa is doing to help save water:
- All guests are informed at check-in of the water crisis.
- Guests are reminded of the water crisis with signage in the showers and baths.
- Bath plugs have been removed from the baths in the hope that guests will shower instead. Guests need to request to get the plug back from concierge if they would like to have a bath.
- Guests are encouraged to re-use their towels. Towels will only be replaced if guests’ place their towels in the bath.
- Pool has been covered and will remain covered to eliminate loss of water through evaporation and strong winds. It will be reopened for guests upon request.
As of 20 November 2017, the Annual Major Dam levels were at only 36.2%, so please bear with us and co-operate as we try to boost our water levels and supply.